effective as of: 22/01/2019
- inform you about how we collect, use, share and transfer your data;
- highlight our commitment to protecting your privacy; (and)
- show our compliance with data protection laws including the European GDPR laws.
Who Are We?
Alvascience (“ourselves” “we”, “us” or “our”) provides you with software services at www.alvascience.com (“website” or “service/s”).
What Do the Different Terms Mean?
Personal Data: Data which can identify you, for example, your full name and email address.
Usage Data: Data which is automatically generated when you use the website, for example, the duration of a page visit but which is not personally-identifiable information.
Cookies: Files with small amounts of data which are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Data Controller: A person who is in control of your data, for example, us.
Service Provider: Any person who processes the data on behalf of the data controller and who is not an Alvascience employee.
User or You: The individual using our website or service.
When do we collect personal data?
We may collect, store and process your personal data when you access and interact with our website or service, including:
- If you sign up to the website;
- If you sign up to our mailing list to receive our newsletter and email updates;
- If you fill out a survey on our website;
- If you contact us via email or our website.
What personal data do we collect?
The amount and type of information we collect, store and process depends on how you interact with our website or service, it includes (but is not limited to):
- First name and last name;
What usage data do we collect?
When you use our website or service certain usage data may be collected by us or a third-party such as Google Analytics and Facebook. This information is separate to your personal data and is not personally-identifying information. This includes (but is not limited to):
Device-Specific Information: Information about the device you use: –
- Type of device you use such as mobile or computer;
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol address;
- Your computer’s browser type.
Service Log Information: Information about how you use the website or service: –
- Which of our website pages you visited;
- Which software you downloaded.
- When you sign up or sign in cookies are involved in the management of your user experience;
How do we use the data we collect?
We use the collected data for various purposes, including (but not limited to):
- For providing and improving the services;
- For billing purposes;
- To personalise and improve your personal experience;
- For analytical purposes to monitor and analyse our website usage;
- For sending you emails about a range of topic;
- For detecting, identifying, responding to and protecting against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behaviour, criminal activity and technical issues;
- For complying with and enforcing legal requirements, agreements and policies;
How long do we keep your data for?
Where do we store your data?
Your data that we collect is backed up automatically and stored by our web-hosting provider on their secure servers. The information is only collected and stored in order to allow users to use the site and it is backed up so that if a problem occurs the site will be able to be restored. Our website’s servers are located in Italy and therefore, if you are located outside of Italy and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer your data to the Italy and store and process it there.
When do we share or disclose your data?
Alvascience does not sell, rent, trade or share any of your personal data with any third parties for promotional purposes. We will only disclose your personal data to other third parties in good faith:
- For the purposes of maintain our website and services;
- If you have consented to us sharing your information, for example, if you have emailed us feedback about our services and consented to us using this feedback as a testimonial;
- If we are required to do so by law;
- As may be required for the purposes of national security;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, mental, financial or other harm, injury or loss;
- In connection with an investigation of suspect or actual illegal or inappropriate activity or exposure to liability.
Personal data may also be disclosed to our service providers as described below.
What service providers do we use?
Our website relies on some third-party service providers to carry out certain tasks. By accessing, signing up for or using the website or our service, sending us an email, or by signing up for email updates, you provide your express consent to our disclosure of your personal data or usage data to our third-party service providers in order to supply our services. These third parties are obligated not to disclose or use your data for any other purpose other than for our tasks. These service providers include (but are not limited to):
Gmail: When you interact with our site such as fill out our contact form, a copy of those details you provided are sent to our Gmail account so that we can respond to your queries.
Webhosting: Our website is hosted by a third-party webhosting company which also provides backups of our database and website.
Google Analytics and Facebook: The way you interact with our website may be monitored by Google Analytics and Facebook through the collection of usage data so that we can monitor the usage.
How do we keep your data secure?
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of a security breach we will notify the affected individuals immediately in addition to reporting the data breach to the relevant supervisory authority. However, the security of your personal data is important to us and we use administrative, organisational, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure as required by applicable law Directive 95/46/EC. The security measures we have implemented include (but are not limited to):
- SECURE SOCKET LAYER: When you enter confidential information on our website such as login details, we encrypt the transmission of that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology so that if it were intercepted it could not be read.
- SECURE HOSTING: Our website host is one of the best and most preferred hosting providers on the market with a range of sophisticated tools to ensure site security.
Can you access, update or delete your personal data?
Yes. You can access, update and delete the personal data that we collect at any time either via your dashboard, by clicking unsubscribe on newsletters or by contacting us. We will respond to your request promptly and within 30 days. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. From time to time we may contact you to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and correct.
What about links to other sites?
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and statements of other sites to understand their information practices.
Do we collect children’s data?
No. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from anyone under the age of 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.